- Deutsch de
- English en
The TroFilms TroTEMPTATION®-X DIGITAL is an acrylic coated, biaxially oriented polypropylene foil; the backside is coated with EVA Hotmelt. The EVA needs some time for optimal curing. The time for curing depends on the used base material and should be tested before further processing. The thickness of the film is 31 µm (± 5 %);
the foil can be used for materials of various kinds. This film is developed for print products, which are in daily use. Furthermore the film is excellent in recto – verso (both side lamination) applications. In contrast to other films with soft touch effects there is no blocking of the stack. No ghosting effects appear (for example spot coating, hot foil stamping). The optimum processing temperature of the laminating roll is between 100° C and 115°C
Properties of the film
- soft surface
- ultra-matt surface
- modified scratch- and scrub resistance
- good tear resistance
- improved sweat resistance
- good fingerprint resistance
- modified backside (for better bonding at lamination process)
- no ghosting
- suitable for hot stamping (test required)
- suitable for spot coatings with radical UV-curing systems (test required)
- glueable (test required / tests were made on a folder gluing machine with different water-based glues; good results were achieved).
- optimum bonding to substrate for digital printing
Each master roll is tested and logged for gloss, surface energy, bonding and coating homogeneity before,
during and after the coating process.
The reels have maximum winding and cutting quality.
At the beginning of each production process (change of varnish or film batch), a few meters get laminated and will be reviewed by our quality department.
Size and packaging
The films are available in the standard widths 315 mm, 325 mm, 350 mm, 445 mm, 450 mm and 495 mm.
Special widths can only be produced after consultation. Each roll is wound on a 3" (76.2 mm) core and have at least 1,500 running meters on it. For each splice, we deliver 50 extra service meters. The coating is on the outside of the roll; EVA is on the inside.
|THICKNESS||31 μm ± 5 %|
|FREE SURFACE ENERGY||≥40.0 mN/m *|
|GLOSS 85°||11.5 ± 3 **|
* Measured with KRÜSS Surface Analyzer
** Please notice that the gloss measurement of very matt surfaces is with the geometry of 85°.
If using the geometry of 60°, the gloss value will be under one and not in the metering range anymore.